[AT] OT Gasifiers

charliehill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Mon Oct 12 03:53:13 PDT 2009

I was having a conversation off list with Ralph about gasifiers.  Does
anyone on the list have any experience with them?  FEMA put out a paper in
the 90's telling how to make small scale units for home or farm use.  They
seem simple enough to build and the result is free energy if you have some
bio-mass for fuel.  It seems to me like corn stalks or Ralphs flax straw
would work just fine.  You might have to run it through a chopper or  hammer
mill first.  Anyone ever tried to build one?

Charlie