[AT] IH mag on AC ?

Gene Dotson gdotsly at watchtv.net
Sat Oct 10 20:28:22 PDT 2009

    Ivan;
    Yes, it will work fine.
    Magnetoes were standardized in 1939 into 3 or 4 basic configurations
depending on mounting and drives. Minor differences were lag angle for
impulse and rotation.

    During WW2, Case was the major manufacturer for aircraft engine mags and
all their production was dedicated to the war effort. Case magnetoes were
sometimes not available for their own tractors, so they used FM, IH and
Splitdorf mags for production. The 4 war era Case tractors I have have 4
different brands of mags.

    Did you remember that the firing order on the AC is 1-2-4-3 and mot
1-3-4-2 like the Farmall?

                            Gene