[AT] Thanks!

Indiana Robinson robinson46176 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 07:20:29 PDT 2009

I have a Homelight chainsaw maybe 6 or 8 years old that has less than
an hours use that doesn't start. I "could" fix it I just don''t want
to... I used it 15 minutes and a flimsy crappy plastic oil flow
adjustment part broke. When I bought a replacement part (actually I
bought two) the dealer had already ordered a batch of them in and said
that they were breaking left and right.  After I used it a second time
it became hard to start and ran poorly. It came in the stupidest case
I ever saw. It was  made so that any water that fell on the top was
directed into the plastic case. They "shingled" it the wrong way... I
couldn't even leave it in the back of the truck on the way home from
the woods if it was raining. I have never even sharpened the chain
(one of those tri-rakers) on it. I keep it sitting where I can see it
as I walk by to remind me to never buy another. I have several small
Poulan saws that I have worn out multiple chains and bars on
completely trouble free. None of their cases have ever leaked either.
I currently have a small Echo that I really love for light stuff
(limbing) and a Poulan Pro for larger stuff (logs). Both are trouble
free.
Even though I used to work on chainsaws for part of my living I really
detest working on them other than grinding chains and leveling bars. I
still do a tiny bit of that for $$$. For string trimmers I have a 12
pound sledge and a dumpster...   :-)

--
Have you hugged your horses today?

Francis Robinson