[Farmall] Distillate Or Gas - 1947 H

Dave Steinich dsteinich at gmail.com
Sun Oct 4 16:20:14 PDT 2009

Carl,
A couple of other things to look for:
The Distillate manifold is boxier - it has a valve to divert the exhaust
around the intake for more heat so the fuel vaporizes better.  It's
controlled by a lever on the rear side of the manifold and has two or
three positions with a set screw to hold it.  There is also a heat
shield that fits over the center portion.
The distillate head is also different and has a part number of 8776DA.
It's cast into the head under the valve cover.
The sediment bowl under the main fuel tank also had an inlet port at a
90 degree angle to the shutoff valve and outlet port.  The distillate
tank plumbed into here.

Of course all of this could have been replaced/changed in the last 60+
years...

Dave