[Farmall] Some ads from the 10/3 Lancaster Farming

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Sun Oct 4 15:11:45 PDT 2009

I got the same feeling when I was putting the last several week's
Lancaster Farming messages together. Also, I am seeing more stuff that
folks are dragging out of the back of their barns - old car sheet metal,
old horse drawn implements, and that kind of thing. And a lot of "ran
when parked" antique tractors. I don't know about other parts of the
country, but here in the mid-Atlantic region, the economy is not at all
good. Some farmers who planted a lot of corn last years made out well
when the demand and price was high, but it seems like it is business as
usual this year, and getting worse. Right now, the dairy farmers claim
that it costs more to produce a gallon of milk than what they get from
the co-op. If it wasn't for selling their excess corn and hay, they
would be bankrupt.

Mike