[AT] OT oil

Roy Morgan k1lky at earthlink.net
Fri Oct 2 20:36:20 PDT 2009

On Oct 2, 2009, at 11:46 AM, Stephen Offiler wrote:

> ...  What can you possibly learn from
> word-of-mouth?

I can relate an anecdote:

I'd stopped at a truck stop for diesel fuel for my Ford F-250 with the
6.0 engine.  At the next pump was a BIG International truck with a
long heavy load of steel behind it and the engine hood up, so I could
see all the interesting stuff inside.

'Got to talking with the driver and he told me his engine had just
gone out of warrantee - at one million miles.  So I figured he knew a
thing or two and asked him what might make my engine cough when I
asked for a little more power on the highway, as I climbed a hill for
instance.  He said "water in the fuel", and suggested diesel water
remover (in a can with a blue label).

I can only imagine what the dealer would tell me, then charge me.

I'll be trying it the next time I have that happen.  (any comments
welcome).

Roy

Roy Morgan
k1lky at earthlink.net