[AT] Trans. fluid

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Tue Nov 24 22:50:40 PST 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "charliehill" <charliehill at embarqmail.com>
To: "Antique tractor email discussion group" <at at lists.antique-tractor.com>
Sent: Tuesday, November 24, 2009 9:33 PM
Subject: Re: [AT] Trans. fluid

>I was thinking the same thing Ralph.  I suspect the leaks have something to
> do with living where there is a lot of road salt used.   I know you are
> way
> up north but I suspect where you live they don't salt the roads much.

Charlie, how I wish that were true. In fact road salt use is rampant and
excessive here in the past 25 years or so. Nobody wants to slow down when
the roads are icy so the dept of highways has to pour on the salt even if
theres just a dusting of hoar frost sometimes. Consequently I don't drive
any more than is necessary in the winter time. And my older vehicles don't
see the road at all if its salt season.

Ralph in Sask.