[Farmall] Hydraulic Questions

E. John Puckett ejpuckett at centurytel.net
Tue Nov 24 13:47:26 PST 2009

Carl, I cannot help you with the valves, but I do know that people have
plumbed them by coming out of the drain on bottom of Liftall for the
fluid supply, and plumbing back into the filler on top of the Liftall
for a return.  The pump is an integral part of the casting, so not easy
to remove.  Unless you have a problem such as leaking that requires
removing the Liftall,  just remove the drive coupling (2 cotter keys and
slide sleeves back) between the Liftall and the transmission.  The
original set up when using a 30 or 31 loader on an H consisted of 2
lines that hooked to the top end of cylinders and went to a T into the
top of the Liftall.  On the first install, the loader was raised as far
as the fluid would move it, then enough fluid added to get it all the
way to the top.  The T was then connected and as the loader went back
down excess fluid overflowed out the top and back into the top of the
cylinders, so they became their own reservoir.  As the cylinders went up
the next time the ram pushed the overflowed fluids back into the top of
the reservoir for the pump to pick up.  This should also work with the
live pump and remove the need for another reservoir.  I have been told
that on an M, the Liftall held enough fluid this was not necessary.