[AT] Fluid flushing auto - OT

Henry Miller hank at millerfarm.com
Sat Nov 21 21:38:51 PST 2009

Chrysler transmissions are notorious for failing after 70,000 miles.   The
recommended fluid change is 30,000 miles.     I bet nobody is doing those
changes, and the failures are then no surprise.

Of course you have a GM, so things are different.   Those transmissions seem
to do better without regular service.   Still check your owners manual, and
follow the recommendations unless you have reason to do otherwise.   Generally
the OEM service intervals are correct.  Dealers want to make money, some are
honest, others are not.

You might want to look for an enthusiast forum for better advice.   I check
into them for my vehicles every few months just to see what the experts say to
watch for.  I've caught some problems before they were serious (as in
clutch/flywheel exploding on the freeway) by seeing what problems others have
had.  Often these sites will be seeing problems long before they are narrowed
down, so don't be surprised when everyone is telling you the root cause is one
thing, and a month latter something completely different for the same problem.