[AT] Spam> Tractor engine rebuild stand

Steve W. falcon at telenet.net
Sun Nov 8 07:48:20 PST 2009

Steve Sewell wrote:
> Looking at stands that can handle 6 cyl. diesel tractor engines. Prices
> will "floor" you!! )-: Think I'll build one. I have a plan but am missing a
> part and don't know where to look. With that much weight I will need gear
> drive turning. Where does one find a crank ran gear reduction , positive
> stop - both directions, gear box. That will turn/hold a couple a thousand
> pounds?
>
> -steve

Worm gear hand winch. Cut it down and use the gear to drive a sprocket
and chain to the BEARING supported rotisserie on the stand.

The engine stand I built is HEAVY. I also added a hydraulic column to
mine so you can adjust the height. Makes it easier to split the tractor.
Roll the stand up, adjust it to center and bolt it down.
I use it for standard engines and HEAVY truck engines as well.

--
Steve W.