[AT] Spam> Tractor engine rebuild stand

Indiana Robinson robinson46176 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 8 03:46:06 PST 2009

On Sun, Nov 8, 2009 at 12:40 AM, Gene Dotson <gdotsly at watchtv.net> wrote:
>    Many older grain augers and elevators used a worm drive cable winch to
> raise and lower them. One could probably be adapted to what you have
> planned.
>
>                                Gene

=================================

I have seen manure spreaders with a high ratio worm and sector gear
drive for the drag-out chain. Another thought is a combine unloading
auger swing drive. As Gene mentioned an old auger lift drive might be
easier to find and don't forget old double chain elevator lifts. Lots
of those sitting in fence rows.
Of course with the high scrap prices of a year or two ago an awfully
lot of stuff "went away" then.
You could always make one using just over half of a rear axle from
something heavy and turn it with a crank on the differential pinion
shaft (locking the other side or with solid [locked up] differential)
and lock it in place with the brake activated by the emergency brake
cable. Obviously mounting the engine brackets to the lugs of the hub.
The 5/8ths of an axle could also be shortened up substantially.

--
Have you hugged your horses today?

Francis Robinson
aka "farmer"