[AT] OT: Garmin Car GPS

Cecil Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Sun Nov 8 03:22:40 PST 2009

We have used a Garmin for a few years.  Bought it at Bass Pro in Omaha
NE when I needed to find Omaha Steaks for my wife and was lost when I
got on the freeway.  They matched the price of Cabelas and gave us $50
off for opening up a store charge account.  I think it was $150 total
aback then.  It is not the Nuvi model.  I upgraded it once for $70 but
so far it has been great.  We do have some new streets and roads here,
but so far it has served us well.  We do not travel without it.  I do
keep a copy of Rand McNally available in the car or truck.  The best
reason is as I get older I cannot read without reading glasses and
cannot see to drive with them on.  I can't seem to keep my place on the
map with these rough roads, so I would have to pull over and if hauling
equipment of pulling a trailer, that is next to impossible.  The GaRMIN
makes driving a lot safer.  It tells you how far to next turn and then
warns you a little in advance to be able to get over in the lanes..

Cecil in OKla