[AT] OT: Garmin Car GPS

Roy Morgan k1lky at earthlink.net
Sat Nov 7 18:57:34 PST 2009

On Nov 7, 2009, at 9:21 PM, Al Jones wrote:

> I'm thinking seriously about getting a GPS for my truck.... to move
> into the 21st century..... ;)

I'm kind of a luddite on this sort of thing.  But a year or more ago
when we started looking for a place to move to, my wife quietly bought
a Garmin to use on our trips.  She said, at least, that she got it on
sale.  No question about it, the thing took us from place to place
much better than I could have with any number of maps.  WIth a kid
yammering in the back seat, and my wife freaking out cause we are late
to meet a real estate agent, it was at least somewhat comforting to
know we were taking the most direct route.

Our Garmin has a selection of voices. We  like the Australian man.  We
call it Nigel.  He mis pronounces some road names but we got used to
that.

Now the thing is telling us the database is out of date and we should
upgrade it.  I think that might cost $75, so it's gonna wait!

Roy

Roy Morgan
k1lky at earthlink.net
529 Cobb St.