[Farmall] Tires for an H

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Thu Nov 5 09:57:45 PST 2009

My point is that it takes a LONG time to freeze the mass of a water
filled tire that size, especially if it has warmed up while sitting in
the sun during the day. Even if the water partially freezes, it won't be
a problem for running the tractor. And, if you don't use the tractor
during those "single digit" periods, it won't matter if the whole thing
freezes solid. :-) (Freezing won't hurt the tire or tube, just make for
a very hard ride and a bump when the flat spot comes around.) A lot of
fuss gets made about various ways to prevent liquid ballasted tires from
freezing, but you have to think about how you use the tractor and under
what conditions. Those needing to get out and work during the Winter in
Sweden, the Canadian plains, and the northern parts of the US have a
different set of issues than folks in the parts of the world where the
Winter weather is not so extreme.

Mike