[Farmall] tools

farmallgray at aol.com farmallgray at aol.com
Thu Nov 26 05:17:17 PST 2009

John,
When you say single revolution vs double revolution; you mean the needle makes one revolution per .100" vs one revolution per .200"?
I perfer the ones that make 1 rev per .100". Since the marks a further apart it makes it easier to read.

I get Encos sale fliers too. All I did was go to their website and sign up. Unlike McMaster-Carr, they will send their catalog to anyone.

I also have a question on using a dial caliper for you machinists; how much pressure should you use when closing a caliper to take a measurement? I have noticed that if you put more pressure on the thumb wheel you can spring the mechanism to get a different reading.
On a micrometer you have the ratchet knob that limits how tight you can make it, but a dial caliper doesn't have this.

Todd Markle

Spring Mills, Pa.