[AT] Salting roads (was Re: Trans. fluid

charliehill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Wed Nov 25 10:21:43 PST 2009

Mike their web site says 28 cents a #.

http://rimguard.biz/Products.html

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mike Sloane" <mikesloane at verizon.net>
To: "Antique tractor email discussion group" <at at lists.antique-tractor.com>
Sent: Wednesday, November 25, 2009 12:59 PM
Subject: Re: [AT] Salting roads (was Re: Trans. fluid

I am guessing that is the same stuff that is called "Rim Guard", used
for ballast in tires instead of water or CaCl. <http://www.rimguard.biz/>

"Rim Guard™ is formulated from a byproduct of sugar beet processing so
it comes from the American farm and goes back to the American farm."

I suspect that it isn't what most folks think of as "molasses" but a
clear liquid with enough molasses residue to keep it from freezing. I
would be interested in finding out more about the stuff, and I may
contact the state to see if they can provide more information.
Unfortunately, there are no Rim Guard suppliers in my area. I am also
guessing that it is pretty expensive (compared to liquid calcium).

Mike