[AT] Salting roads (was Re: Trans. fluid

Dave Ernst shop at cccomm.net
Wed Nov 25 07:36:41 PST 2009

Mike,
Your comment about rusting truck bodies shure brings back memories.
In 1977(I'm dating myself) we ha a contract to do a hospital addition in
Huntington WV. I flew from Nevada to Huntington and purchased a new chevy
pickup. The dealer asked if I wanted a protective undercoating for another
couple hundred dollars and I said no. Little did I know being from the dry
desert. 2 years later that pickup was on a job in Colorado.  We couldn't
license it for the highway because it had no floor left in the cab. I
remember getting up one morning and thought it had snowed outside, only to
discover the white roads were all salt.

Dave in the desert