[AT] Trans. fluid

Roy Morgan k1lky at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 24 20:36:40 PST 2009

> charliehill wrote:
>> ... living where there is a lot of road salt used. ... in places
>> like NY it's an everyday thing in the
>> winter.
>
> Every day... Nope more like 4-5 times a day. The State has already
> dumped salt and sand on the roads around here.

Hello from near Ithaca and Lake Cayuga.  Folks not from here may not
realize that there's a salt mine under the lake.  They have dug down
about 2000 feet into a massive salt deposit that underlies most of
this part of the state, and in fact extends to CHICAGO, I think.  They
dig salt out at the rate of about two million TONS per year, mostly
for use on roads.

Maybe the local road departments get it a a deep discount.

Roy

Roy Morgan
k1lky at earthlink.net
529 Cobb St.