[Farmall] Hydraulic Questions

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Tue Nov 24 14:12:39 PST 2009

I was faced by something similar when I installed a three point hitch on
  my Super M. I tried to used the "belly pump" but encountered all kinds
of problems. In the end, I installed a "live" pump, driven from the
timing gear, a valve from a JD combine, and a reservoir & filter from
Northern. It all worked out well, but it cost me almost as much for the
hitch and hydraulics as the tractor did. The belly pump reservoir only
holds a couple of quarts of fluid, so you might not have enough in it to
handle two single action loader cylinders. If you have double acting
cylinders, you might have enough capacity.

Images can be seen at
<http://public.fotki.com/mikesloane/other_machinery/superm_pump2.html>
and the next three images after that. The Super M is mostly similar
enough to the H for illustrative purposes.

Mike