[AT] Fuel Usage

Dick Day ddss at telebeep.com
Mon Nov 23 17:51:41 PST 2009

Thanks Mike and all who replied.

I am looking at some used pto-driven generators that are in the 12kw range.

The 7.5kw gas generator I currently have can handle all but the electric
stove and A/C (we heat with propane), so I could probably get by with much
smaller than 12kw but the only pto generators that I've seen in that range
are from Harbor Freight and Northern Tool and I've been advised that they
would not be a "wise" investment :)

My current procedure is to start flipping the circuit breakers off for
everything but basic lighting. Then, bring the generator online.  Once the
generator stabilizes, I start bringing larger loads online one at a time
like the well, and the pump for the above ground septic system.

I could also use my 1952 JD 60 if needed but prefer to use the New Holland
diesel since I keep a 55 gallon drum filled with diesel fuel.

Again, thanks for the help,

Dick