[AT] Old topic-- crossed trailer chains...

Edchainsaw at aol.com Edchainsaw at aol.com
Fri Nov 20 20:46:16 PST 2009

I   just  finished renewing  my  CDL's    Tuesday  and   while  doing that
I actually had to  open the book.
What I found  in the  book  was  that the  chains  on  a  trailer  are NOT
to be crossed  but  are to be  short enough to prevent the  hitch from going
all the way to the  ground....   SO   IF    some   law  enforcement officer
 stops you   for that     IT  must be a state ordinance   it is NOT  the
law  everywhere-- and it is wrong to cross the chains   according to  my  test
booklet...