[Farmall] Van Sickle Paints

Bob Currie tracturs at att.net
Mon Nov 16 23:33:44 PST 2009

john, there are a few people on this list who, over the years, have spent
lots of time trying to figure out which formula is the correct shade and
depth of gray for the Regular and F series..I have not heard of "Van
Sickle", but will  atest to the quality of products you get from the large
paint suppliers that you mentioned. Since you are aware of the formula
numbers for Dupont, PPG, and  Martin Senour, I would recommend their
products. Rattle cans are convienient for small parts, but my experience is
that rattle cans DO NOT put very much actual paint out of the nozzle and
onto your part. You get the color you want, but the number of coats required
to get a good depth of paint material on your parts will consume a whole lot
of rattle cans, and a lot of your money.  I use a small paint sprayer kind
of product made by a company called "PreVal". Found at most paint stores,
and even Home Depot or Lowes. You can mix and use your good quality paint,
pour it into the small glass container, screw on the rattle can type
sprayer, and away you go. They are fairly cheap, and are cleanable, and
re-useable.  I just used one this evening to paint about ten bolt heads, and
the long, over the hood, steering shaft on an unstyled tractor.

bob currie,
Greenwood, CA