[AT] OT: Garmin Car GPS

charliehill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Sun Nov 8 04:42:57 PST 2009

GPS works and is a big help particularly in Metro areas but it's not always
reliable. It doesn't always send you the best way.  Lynn's parents were
using their Tom Tom on a trip to Greenville NC a couple of years ago.  Tom
Tom took them off of I-95 at Rocky Mount, east on US 64 then south on a 2
lane rural road for about 30 miles.  That is probably the closest way but
they could have stayed on I-95 for another 45 minutes, gone east on US 264
with a 70 mph speed limit and a freeway ramp that would have taken them
directly to the stop light in front of the motel.

I see it as a good back up and a good way to find your way around problems
but it's still best to have your route planned out in advance.