[AT] aid please

charliehill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Sat Nov 7 18:10:57 PST 2009

Cecil,  I won't argue the point with you.  I just have never seen any
evidence of modern oil hurting an old engine and it keeps them cleaner.  You
might be right about the temps and obviously the non-detergent doesn't hurt
them.

Farmerbeal,  the Fuller Roadranger transmissions in heavy trucks use or used
straight mineral oil.  That might have changed in the 20 some years since I
drove for a living but surely there is still some mineral oil out there for
the old Roadrangers still in service.  Try checking at a truck repair shop
or truckstop.

Charlie