[Farmall] Tires for an H

Ed Greany crest25 at verizon.net
Wed Nov 4 17:44:55 PST 2009

I JUST invested in some new rears on my 46 "H" two months ago. She sure looks pretty with her new shoes even though her dress is a rusty color. I replaced the fronts with new rubber and even new wheels earlier this summer. Now she prances like she did in '46.

The old tires wer 12s and due to the excessive cost (and availability) of the 12 sizes, I went with the alternate 11.2 size. They do look slightly skinnier but I really like them and I am enjoying the extra cash in MY pocket instead of the tire dealer's pocket.

I settled with some imports and even found they were in storage only 1-1/2 hour drive from me in L.A. The drive was faster and cheaper than having them shipped although shipping was under $200 for the pair as I recall.

The theme of my story is the 11.2" x38 will perform for you just as nice as the 12.4x38 will.
Living in the upper desert of Southern California, I get extremely hot weather in the summer and extremely cold (for California) weather in the winter. I decided not to fill the tires with calcium or water this time to try it out. If I find I don't need the additional weight for traction I will be happy just with good ol' air.

I have no intention of promoting the dealer but I will provide the guy's name in charge and the company name, address, and phone offline if you wish. He is located in Cerritos, CA. He provided me with a sweetheart deal and I actually found him on eBay. I think he still lists on eBay so if I give you the data you can check out his "buy it Now" prices easily.

Ed in Piñon Hills, CA
Crest25 at verizon.net