[Farmall] Tires for an H

Barney Van De Weert bbvande at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 4 16:17:54 PST 2009

I just purchased a VERY NICE 1952 Farmall H, it's like new everything tight and very little wear any place on it. Problem is on the way home one of the rear tires that are in very nice shape for wear split open along the bead and the tube is sticking out for about 12" and getting worse. I'm looking for a used 11-38 Firestone is what is on the tire, I've been told that would be a 12.4x38, Tire Dealer said by serial #s I provided on the tires that they are originals . I'd take one like it and chance that the other one will hold out, or take a used one that will get me by until I can afford to replace both rears unless I come acrossed a pair in good condition that would work. I just came off 10 Mons of unemployment so cash is not redily available, I now travel OH, MI and WPA so could get a tire any where in this area eventually. It's the type of failure that I don't belive it would be repairable however suggestions are welcome. Tires do have calcium
 in them that I will be getting out of them eventually.

I also will be needing a belt pully eventually, I'm not sure if this one should have a reg pully or a steel one. I read in a history of IH book that the later tractors had steel pulleys because the manufacturer of the old went out of business.

Thanks,
 Barney Van De Weert
3828 Heartwood St
Uniontown OH 44685