[AT] OT(?) Cub Cadet 1812 Hydro question

Roy Morgan k1lky at earthlink.net
Sun May 31 18:35:40 PDT 2009

On May 31, 2009, at 8:16 PM, Stephen Offiler wrote:

> ... a 1988 Cub Cadet (MTD built, a.k.a. "Cub Cadet Corp.") and it is
> a Model
> 1812, ... check valve is leaking

Steve,

I can't help on the hydraulic valve, but do look forward to the
answers of others.

I have here a Model 2084 Super Cub cadet.  I think this one is old
enough to have been made by Cub Cadet, not by MTD.

I recently took off the snow blower and put on the rear mount brush
cutter.  (The lawn here had gotten out of control!)  Next, I'll mount
up the under belly lawn mower deck.  The thing seems to be a good
worker, except for weak interlock switches in the starting system.  I
expect to keep it a long time.

MY questions are about the hydraulic fluid:

1) Is there a suitable, less expensive substitute?  I understand that
the genuine stuff from the factory is expensive.  I did top it up last
winter with generic hydraulic fluid from TSC (maybe a cup and a half)
and hope I did no harm.

2) Do you really have to replace it at 500 hours or so as the book
says to?

Roy

Roy Morgan
k1lky at earthlink.net