[Ford-ferguson] Spam> Ferguson Belt Pulleys

Jim Peck @Yahoo jamesgpeck at yahoo.com
Sun May 31 12:55:33 PDT 2009

BuckieS, a member of the Ford-Ferguson mailing list, mentions that the belt
pulley offered by Harry Ferguson Inc. for the Ford-Ferguson 9N was originally
provided with a paper stacked pulley surface. He mentions that a later version
with steel pulley surface was available but I am not sure from which
distribution system.

BuckieS mentions that either pulley can overheat if used with a tractor with a
larger motor. I assume he refers to the 8Ns that were available with 6 and 8
cylinder conversions.

I wonder if our European and Anzac members can confirm that the Ferguson Belt
Pulleys were available in those markets.

Ten years back or so, I used to encounter links to English language sites of
people who had Massey Fergusons in South Africa. I am not seeing internet links
to South Africa anymore. I wonder what changed.

Does anyone else know what other tractor brands used belt pulleys that were PTO
driven? Were they before or after Ferguson started providing them?

What was the last Massey Ferguson that a belt pulley could be bolted to?

Scanned by iolo AntiVirus 1.5.6.4
http://www.iolo.com