[AT] 98 Dodge 3500

Doug Tallman dtallman at accnorwalk.com
Sun May 24 07:39:59 PDT 2009

Kevin, my theory would be that an open solenoid circuit wouldn't affect
the performance like a short in the circuit would. By unplugging the
trans and still having the same performance issues, I would think that
the problem isn't in there. If this is cable shift, did you check under
the dash where the cable hooks to the lever on the column? I'd think
Cecil's suggestion of rodent damage is a good suggestion at this point.
Most of the scenarios that I've had could also happen in park. There
isn't that much difference in the operating theory between park and
neutral. Does the vehicle crank in neutral? I agree with Steve O about
the info. I've got alldata at the shop but I'm not planning on being
there before Tuesday. Doug T