[Farmall] Antifreeze in Oil

ebony51 at frontiernet.net ebony51 at frontiernet.net
Tue May 26 06:39:57 PDT 2009

John,  Thanks very much.

Larry

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Hall" <jthall at worldnet.att.net>
Sent: Monday, May 25, 2009 7:53:56 PM GMT -06:00 US/Canada Central
Subject: Re: [Farmall] Antifreeze in Oil

 As was already mentioned pull the pan. If the outside of the sleeves are
wet, then it is the O-rings (or a cracked block). If the inside of the
sleeves are wet then it is the gasket, head, or maybe a cracked (or rusted
through sleeve).  You may have to be patient to find the leak. Unless it is
really bad it may take a day or so to find it. After pulling the pan I would
wipe down the inside of the engine and lay a sheet of cardboard under the
engine and  call it a day. Go back the next day and you should get a pretty
good idea of the location of the leak.

One other thought is to pull the plugs and see if one of them is a different
color than the rest.

If you wind up suspicioning the head you can have it checked for cracks at
your local automotive machine shop if you can't see the crack.

If time and/or money are not on your side then go get some block seal--not
radiator stop leak. The one I have used in the past was put out by Gunk. The
only drawback is if the leak re-occurs and you keep running the tractor, you
may be in for an expensive rebuild!

Let us know what you find.

John Hall