[AT] OT electric trailer brakes; they're fixed!

Lew Best lew at lewslittlefarm.com
Fri May 22 16:54:32 PDT 2009

Hey guys

Finally found the problem by accident.  Had tried everything I could think
of & finally started pulling wheels again (thought I'd had them all off
multiple times) but had obviously skipped one.  What was so mysterious near
the end was that I could hook direct to a battery & they'd work but when I
hooked them to the truck no voltage.  I hooked my other trailer with
electric brakes up though & they worked fine.

I'd replaced one coil & it was on the wheel I apparently kept ignoring;
seemed to work ok with a battery & having a new coil I never dreamed
anything was wrong.  The wires are held away from the spinning wheel by some
clips that clip to one of the brake shoes.  Apparently I scuffed the wire a
bit putting the clips on as it was fried between 2 clips.  I had enough good
wire left coming from the coil to solder new wires to & all is now well.

So it's now licensed, inspected & title transferred finally!

Lew near Waco, TX