[AT] Spam> OT - Transfer switch

Mike Meulenberg msm10301 at juno.com
Fri May 22 08:45:54 PDT 2009

Hi all,
I am looking to have an electrician wire a manual transfer switch into our house so we can safely back feed our whole panel. I am not great with electrical so I was wondering if those on the list that are, could look at what this guy is proposing to see if it is a good and safe idea. Thanks, Mike

Here is what he is proposing:

I want to make sure I understand what you would like. If you want to back feed your panel, we would install an outdoor power inlet to which your generator would plug into, a 3-phase disconnect switch so we are able to disconnect the A and B phase and the neutral from the utility along with a 30amp circuit breaker which you would turn on and switch the new disconnect switch to the off position, when you experienced a loss of power.