[Ford-ferguson] Bombardier Half-Track

Jim Peck @Yahoo jamesgpeck at yahoo.com
Wed May 20 13:46:46 PDT 2009

The IGY (International Geophysical Year) was a frequent topic in our elementary school Weekly Reader back then. I think this
establishes that the half-tracks used in Antarctica were Bombardier and not fitted at Coventry.

Now the next question becomes for how long and for what models did Bombardier produce half-tracks? Did Bombardier sell them in the
UK, how about the in the US? When did Arps enter the picture? The sugar bush half-tracks I remember from that era were Arps. I can
remember seeing half-tracks on an orange jobber, possibly Arps.

I can remember putting on Snap-Track chains. You used a lever that brought the ends together. We and others in the region owned
them. The guy who sold them was a former Massey Harris dealer whose dealership went out of business in the late fifties. Snap-Tracks
gave you a really rough ride. My neighbor used them so much he had worn through the links about 50% where the links join.

http://www.fofh.co.uk/articles/pole.htm I remember some things and "Google" the rest!

Scanned by iolo AntiVirus 1.5.6.4
http://www.iolo.com