[AT] Tractor hauler questions

Lew Best lew at lewslittlefarm.com
Tue May 19 18:55:44 PDT 2009

I had a 93 Dodge 3/4 ton with a Cummins.  Liked it real well but started
having lotsa little problems (water pump, starter, etc.) plus I decided I
wanted an automatic (it was a 5 speed) so I decided to go back to a Ford
diesel (99 7.3).  BIG mistake!  Nowhere near the power of the Cummins &
drank about twice as much fuel (literally).  When diesel hit 2 bux a gallon
I bought a new 05 Dodge diesel & would hate to have to switch brands again.
It's also a 3/4 but pulls about like a bulldozer & gets about 28 mpg highway
w/o a trailer & 18-22 with a trailer depending on which trailer I have
tagging along (I have an assortment).  Never got 18 with the ford even
without a trailer!

Hope this helps.

Lew Best near Waco, TX
Please note new email addy