[AT] OT Electric trailer brakes

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Tue May 19 04:24:54 PDT 2009

I agree with Charlie - I know very little about trailer brakes, but if I
had a problem like that, the first thing I would go after is the ground
system. You need a good solid wire connection between the vehicle and
the trailer (not depending on the ball), and good shiny tight
connections to the trailer frame, etc. The second thing I would do is
eliminate any of those "crimp" connectors and solder all connections
(then cover them with "liquid tape"). Any connections other than solder
or screw terminals are just problems waiting to happen on outdoor
machinery. (Don't ask me how I know this.)

Mike