[AT] Help please with old JD power steering pump--Roy

Roy Morgan k1lky at earthlink.net
Sat May 16 19:19:37 PDT 2009

On May 16, 2009, at 4:16 PM, John Wilkens wrote:

> Thanks for your offer to help Roy.

John,

The fellow I used to work with might well have been or still be on
this list. I got involved in tractors for real after I left work there
and moved to a place that had a tractor we bought (1951 IHC McCormick
W-4).

>  I might have to do something like
> you suggest but first I'd like to see if I can do some fabricating
> myself.  After all, these little challenges are part of what makes
> old tractor repair/restoration fun!?!?

Oh yes. I expect that once I get to take this tractor apart a bit,
I'll find it not much more complicated that the 1969 Volvo I had
everthing to pieces on except the transmission and rear end (it
swallowed a valve at 125,000).

Just for interest sake, if you wind up with some pictures of this
part, and can easily email them to me, I'll send them to him and ask
his opinion.  He might just make one that night and let me know how it
came out..

Roy

Roy Morgan
k1lky at earthlink.net