[AT] Spam> Re: OT; News from Oklahoma

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Sat May 16 07:39:03 PDT 2009

Kieth, while that JD 4wd looks big I think it is only around the 250 hp mark
at most. The big operators are up in the 4 to 500 hp range now and there are
several like that around here. Farming somewhere in the neighbourhood of 8
to 10 thousand acres. The 63 foot air drills they pull make this 35 foot
model look pretty small. I'm hoping to seed about 900 acres this spring
(weather permitting) and with my 28 foot air seeder and one man operation ,
that is all I want to handle. If we can't get the crop seeded by the end of
May, farming becomes an even bigger gamble.

Ralph in Sask.