[AT] MF 265 multipower question

charliehill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Wed May 6 10:39:57 PDT 2009

Horse farm friend of mine has a 265 multi-power with the two speed PTO.  He
was mowing his pasture and all at once the PTO and the lift stopped.  I
looked at it. The PTO housing is over full of fluid and the transmission
case is empty.  Knowing they are independent of each other I got his IT
manual and started digging.  It appears the PTO has a hydraulic clutch and
it appears there is a hose that runs from the transmission case to the
clutch valve.
My guess is that the hose is busted and it pumped all of the fluid into the
rear housing.  That starved the lift stopping it from working.  Am I
anywhere close?
Is there a way to repair it without splitting the tractor?

Thanks

Charlie