[AT] Digital Archiving

Paul Waugh pwaugh at embarqmail.com
Tue Mar 31 15:21:37 PDT 2009

Whip the horse, again and again

Paul - IN
----- Original Message -----
From: "Larry Goss" <rlgoss at insightbb.com>
To: "Antique tractor email discussion group" <at at lists.antique-tractor.com>
Sent: Tuesday, March 31, 2009 6:05 PM
Subject: Re: [AT] Digital Archiving

Ah, that's very true if you are modifying the image database, renaming the
file, and saving it in order to maintain a paper-trail, but when you work
with the header file instead, there is none of that -- NONE of that. I don't
bother with filenames on digital images. I let the operating system and the
digital camera assign filenames to images as it sees fit. I have no need for
any names more specific than folder or collection names. Individual images
are kept track of visually within a collection, and the operating system
will keep from duplicating existing filenames.

Larry