[AT] OT--taped audio to CD audio??

Bob McNitt nysports at frontiernet.net
Sun Mar 29 15:31:03 PDT 2009

Guys -

I have to agree with Larry on this one. As a digital editor and webmaster,
longevity of storage is critical for archiving. DVDs hold more data than
CDs, but the quality deterioration period is usually limited to maximums of
3 (CDs)-5 (DVDs) years. So if you want to assure safe storage of valuable
images such as your tractors, family, etc. you'd better plan on reburning a
new disk before the old ones start fading. Blu-ray may hold more, but they
too are vulnerable. For most of us, cost (i.e. low cost) of CDs & DVDs is
the primary reason we use them. I store mine on a third-part service so I
can download & burn fresh disks when needed.

Bob in CNY