[AT] OT- Fish Kill

Roy Morgan k1lky at earthlink.net
Sun Mar 15 19:10:18 PDT 2009

On Mar 15, 2009, at 3:02 PM, Mogrits wrote:

> ... three acre pond. ...a hundred dead bluegills,

Warren,

We had a similar thing happen summer before last.  But it was the six
20-inch Koi fish that had lived in our pond for 10 years or more.

We in Northern Virginia had a long drought.  The fellow whose pasture
borders our land and is close to the pond had put down some lime (I
think it was lime) and then it did rain for a day or so.  We came home
to find all 6 of the huge Koi floating dead as can be.  We *think* the
rain and possibly the lime, caused an algae bloom that did in the
fish.  Other smaller fish and the turtles survived just fine.

Roy

Roy Morgan
k1lky at earthlink.net
529 Cobb St.