[AT] OT- Fish Kill

Bob McNitt nysports at frontiernet.net
Sun Mar 15 18:19:41 PDT 2009

Warren -

I'm sure aeration would help, but it sounds as though you've
accumulated/grown too many fish for the pond's cu. ft. of oxygenated water
to support them all, so periodic die-offs are inevitable. We have a 5-6 acre
private pond full of small sunfish, perch & bass about a mile from us, and
every year--usually right after ice-out or in mid summer, or both, it
experiences a die-off, but enough fish remain to keep the cycle going.
Unfortunately all the fish species are increasingly stunting.