[AT] Sap is rising/good news and bad

Bruce Moden brucemoden at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 15 10:15:54 PDT 2009

I think it has to do with volume, in order to make maple syrup you must boil down 10 gallons od sap for 1 gallon of syrup, with that volume of water vapor in your house is not good.
Someone on the thread mentioned "copper nails or pipe", it may be an old wives tale, but they always told us a kids, that if you had a tree you didn't want to live you would drive a copper nail in it and it would die- so I would be careful with copper.
Bruce