[AT] Sap is rising/good news and bad

Al Jones farmallsupera at earthlink.net
Sat Mar 14 20:06:41 PDT 2009

So for the new old tractor seems to be doing ok.  I have used it just a
little bit dragging a disk and it didn't blow up so that is a good sign!
Worst thing about it so far is the shift linkage is worn and if you aren't
careful it'll get caught in low range and reverse at the same time.  Then
if you're lucky you can play with the range shifter and get it straightened
out, and if not you have to shut down and move the linkage back into the
right place at the floorboard.

Been calling it a '69 but checked the serial # and it's actually a '70
model.  Last year for the 856 was '71 so it's one of the later ones.

Al

You