[AT] Sap is rising/good news and bad

Indiana Robinson robinson46176 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 14 01:44:19 PDT 2009

On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 11:04 PM, Paul Waugh <pwaugh at embarqmail.com> wrote:
> I will try the copper pipe and screw. Thanks
>
> Paul-IN

Just as a general learning process I was on a syrup making list on
Yahoo a couple of years ago (I can't recall the name right now). I was
a little surprised to learn the large number of different kinds of
trees that could be used for syrup making (you probably wouldn't want
to use poison ivy). A lot of the guys were blending all sorts of stuff
together.
If you go to Yahoo, then "groups", they have a group locator search there.
BTW, the "tap" thingy is called a "spile". I have a couple that look
like this one:
http://site.tapmytrees.com/images/spile.jpg
Of course these days collecting should be done with an antique tractor.   :-)
I finally got curious enough to go searching and I believe the group
was "Maple sugaring hobbyist". I think this link will work OK:
It was a nice bunch of guys.

--
"farmer"

"Good clean muck never hurt nobody!!!"
Morris Moulterd

Join "Shopsmith owners" group at:
SS_owners-subscribe at yahoogroups.com
For anyone with an interest in Shopsmith
woodworking machines. See the group home page at: