[AT] JD B

Dudley Rupert drupert at premier1.net
Tue Mar 10 23:53:07 PDT 2009

John,

I understand you to be saying that while all B's did not have a Power
Lift/Trol when they left the factory/dealer they did all have a pto.  But
Deere must have recognized that some operators would not want a pto as they
show a pto cover in their Model B Parts Catalog (PC-330).  The description
in the catalog for PN A 2395 R is "Cover, used on tractors without
powershaft."  So I guess that the owner could buy the tractor with the pto
and then remove it and purchase the aforementioned cover (with mating
gasket) to plug up the hole.  I don't why, of  course, Dick is asking the
question but it may be that he has seen/heard of a B without a pto and this
might be a possible explanation of how one could have come into being.

Dudley