[AT] Spam> My Trailer made sparks

Don Bowen don.bowen at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 6 07:24:07 PST 2009

I also walk around the trailer feeling up the bearings.  I also have a small
IR temperature gauge that I test both the bearings and tires with.  If all
the bearings are close in temperature and the tires then things are more
than likely ok.  That and check tire pressure every morning.

The one time I had nasty tire troubles was when I left the gauges home and
had a tire shred which weakened another tire that blew a couple of days
later.

Now that was a miserable trip from Southern California to Spokane.  Two
shredded tires tearing up the side of the trailer, dog crap on the pickup
floor, AC compressor seized on the hottest day of the year, Hit N Run while
pickup was parked on the street in Spokane, lighting fuse blowing every once
in a while, car blowing a tire and missing us by a coat of paint outside of
Richland.  It was not a fun trip.

Don Bowen  KI6DIU