[AT] Another Good tractor day

Gene Dotson gdotsly at watchtv.net
Thu Mar 5 14:26:18 PST 2009

    Almost like springtime in Ohio today. Sunny and a little wind blowing.
Got to about 55 degrees.
    Decided this morning I had put up with the mud long enough where I park
my goose neck trailer. This is on the west side of my barn and has never
really had a good base for the drive, so when the thaw came and I parked the
trailer, I was wallowing in mud with the truck.
    Well, this morning I decided it was time to remedy the situation, Got
the littld dozer out and started peeling off the soft dirt to build a proper
drive. The ground was still frozen down at about 4 inches, but was able to
start taking off the top. The sun worked great warming up the groundso by
noon I had enough dirt moved to order the stone. Kept working with the dozer
and when the truck came, I was ready for the stone. I ordered 18 tons and
only took a couple minutes to fill the hole half way. I sure missed that
estimate. Will be getting another load tomorrow morning. Hope that fills the
hole.
    After the load was dumped, I put my driveway grader on the Case 700 an
leveled the gravel. Then started leveling the dirt I had pushed out to fill
some low spots in the barnyard. After the dirt warmed up and thawed out, is
was mud again. Did get it fairly level and will have to wait for it to dry
to finish grading it.
    A little at a time and I will eventually get this place as I want it.

                        Gene

    P.S.  I have no desire to join the pointless discussion on global
warming.

                            G.D.