[AT] Good tractor day

Indiana Robinson robinson46176 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 13:16:43 PST 2009

On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 2:17 PM, Bob McNitt <nysports at frontiernet.net> wrote:
> Mattias - I'm an optimist and, besides, I probably won't live long enough to
> see any true or major long-term changes. So I'm currently charging tractor
> batteries in preparation for some warmer outdoor working weather, which will
> get here sooner or later. When it does, I'll be ready to roll.
> Bob
===================================

I'm glad you posted that Bob. It reminded me that I want to carry a
battery charger down the road to the barns there and charge the
battery on my 4020. I need to be getting it ready to sell maybe this
spring or summer. I have started it but not driven it in about a year.
I'm keeping everything under 55 HP but that 4020 with cab is just too
big for me to be loading and hauling to shows. I'm trying to steer
myself toward the lighter tractors that I grew up driving  or that
neighbors owned back then. Tractors like my 1949 Ferguson TO-20 (that
I have been using today), my 1946 Allis Chalmers C and my 1953 MM-R. I
really want to start on my Case VAC but I have too much else in front
of it and will probably be too short of $$$$ to do it this year. My
1948 John Deere A only has to have a pair of tires to be usable again
(I think) and I may have a pair I can use.
I actually managed to carve a wide path back through the farm shop
today and got it about 2/3rds of the way back. That got the heavy
stuff moved and now a good day on the little misc. crap should work
wonders. Only the new sawmill (still not assembled) is in the way
keeping me from getting my old red Ford pickup in to install new front
brakes. I want to put my little Yanmar 1500 in there yet today since
it will clear the sawmill and put its new battery in and put new
clamps on the cables. Some spring like weather at last...

--
"farmer"

"Good clean muck never hurt nobody!!!"
Morris Moulterd

Hay and Straw Exchange (Buy it, sell it and trade it.)