[AT] : Re: Good tractor day

Stephen Offiler soffiler at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 06:52:19 PST 2009

On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 8:56 AM, Indiana Robinson
<robinson46176 at gmail.com> wrote:

> The weather is finally breaking here and I'm kind of chomping at the
> bit to get some things done. For all of the global warming it seems to
> these old bones that this winter has been really bitter. Lots and lots
> of wind. I was moving the last of the round bales last week to sell
> them to a regular hay customer and a couple for our horses and I got a
> few moved and the cold wind just got to be too much. I stopped and
> waited a day for less wind. It "might" hit 50 today and possibly mid
> 60's in a few days. That sure beats that 10 with high winds a few
> nights ago.

Wow, farmer, that was a pretty hard turn you took out of Charlie's
message about government budgets.  Probably intentional... ;-)

I live in southern New England, where the winters aren't usually all
that tough, due to the effects of the Atlantic ocean fairly close by.
But this one's been especially long and bitter here.  I was trying to
put in postholes the week before Thanksgiving and augering through
about 3" of frozen ground; now here in early March there's a foot of
snow on the ground and it was 9 below this morning.  This has nothing
to do with how old my bones are; it's just one of those winters.

Steve O.